Sunday 31 March 2013

Spring Break Part 3 - O.C., California.


On Wednesday we left lovely San Diego very early...because we were going on a boat.
Andy drove us up to Dana Point, which is a harbour in Orange County.
We were going on his friend James's speedboat, and though it turned out to be a bit overcast, we couldn't have been more excited.



Obligatory boat picture for my Dad.





Once we got out onto the water, there were dolphins everywhere, some were even swimming alongside to the boat! It was amazing to see them so close up, though it was hard to get a good shot. They were literally only out of the water for a second!


The boys wanted to do this thing called 'inner-tubing', which is where you attach a rubber ring to the back of the boat with a rope and get pulled through the surf.  (Yes, it sounds like the most hillbilly thing ever.)
After Andy had a go amongst the dolphins...


...and fell off...


...I thought it was about time I had a go too. They didn't have a wetsuit small enough for me, so I just braved it and got in in my bikini.


It was freezing.


Once I'd warmed up to the water...


...away I went!


That is, until I fell off too.


After we'd warmed up, we rode up and down the coastline, before heading back ashore.


From there, we made a quick lunch stop nearby in San Clemente, Andy's hometown.
We sat overlooking the beach at T Street, which was full of surfer types.



Afterwards, we drove up the Pacific Coast Highway, which is a beautiful stretch along the coastline, hitting all of the beach towns on the way.



We stopped in Laguna Beach for some fun in the sun. 
As it's Spring Break, it seemed like everyone else had the same idea!









As the sun was setting, we headed up to our Travelodge in Newport Beach, a good stopping point en route back to L.A. 
Who can say no to a motel with a jacuzzi? Not us.



So, when can I move to Orange County? I think I'd like to live there forever.

1 comment:

  1. This was my favourite day :)
    I miss you guys too too much, every last one of ya xxx

    ReplyDelete