Tuesday 12 March 2013

Charlotte's Visit Part 1: Haight And Golden Gate.

She's finally here! 
My lovely friend Charlotte is staying with me in San Francisco for 10 days - so it's up to me to show her a good time in this amazing city.

I knew that when she arrived she'd be exhausted from her long-haul flight - so I made an afternoon tea and we caught up over macaroons and sandwiches. We also had some lovely treats from home which Charlotte kindly brought for me! How I've missed Choccy Di's!



After stretching our legs with a walk by Lake Merced, we both thought it would be best for her to rest and get ready for the week ahead.

After my usual Monday-morning things were finished (ballet, tabling for the International Office), the rest of the day was free for fun! To ease Charlotte into wonderful San Francisco we started off on Haight Street.



We had brunch/lunch at Squat and Gobble.





Amazing Veggie Fajita Crepe!


We then went on to peruse some of the shops, especially Amoeba Music.



Afterwards we walked through the park, but not before leaving our mark (in chalk, of course!) at Haight:


Just kidding. Like we have this much time on our hands! 

This was our real (amateur) effort.






We stopped in Golden Gate Park at the Conservatory of Flowers, which I'd never been to before, but it was closed on a Monday! So instead we just chilled out on the grass and ate strawberries.









We took the bus all the way up through the Presidio to see the Golden Gate Bridge, which never disappoints!




And on our way home, we stopped at the mosaic steps on Moraga and 16th to get a good view of the city - sometimes the best perspective is from a height! 










On Tuesday I had to be in class all day, so Charlotte went back to the park on her own to visit the Conservatory of Flowers, the Botanical Gardens and the De Young Museum, where Vermeer's Girl With A Pearl Earring is currently exhibited - I think I definitely have to go and see it!

Once I was finished, we went for dinner close to campus in West Portal, at Fresca, which is a Peruvian restaurant. Their 'mood' lighting made my pictures a bit dark/blurry but we had a lovely time, and a particularly good starter of deep fried mixed seafood (yum)!




We're both excited to see what the rest of the week brings!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like so much fun girlies!
    Also, the weather looks amazing, keep that going for the next few weeks please! I wanna be wearing my sunnies ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete