Saturday 11 August 2012

The Pre-Holiday.

Before our flight from London Heathrow, we stayed overnight in the nearby Windsor & Eton area. It was very posh. Or maybe I'm just too Northern.
We saw the castle, home of our old Queenie:


And had our picture taken with the Olympic mascot, Wenlock/Mandeville:


I don't know the difference.


Eton - just so British, with all the flags and the rahs.

We had a lovely meal at a Restaurant called the Bel & the Dragon.


How cute is this room?!


To start, we had fried whitebait and squid with chili jam - I was so impressed by this I forgot to photograph it - and for main course, I had this lobster salad:


Incredible!

Flight tomorrow.

(also, ignore the dates on these posts - they'll be in chronological order, but not necessarily on the right dates, as internet access is sporadic!)

No comments:

Post a Comment