Thursday 30 August 2012

The Haight.

The other day after class I visited the Haight-Ashbury district for the first time. It's right next to the Golden Gate Park, so not too far away from my university (SF State, if anyone was wondering!).
It's also the birthplace of the 'hippie' movement in San Francisco - an important part of the city's history. It's also really fun and chilled out!
 
There are a ton of vintage shops, so we happily spent the afternoon mooching round and looking at all of the retro gear.

 
We also went to Amoeba, which is a HUGE music and film emporium on Haight Street. They have lots of old-style records and everyone who works there is very 'hipster' (the SF word for indie!).
 

 

 
 
I took this for Maddie - 'you've got a secret smile'!
 
And it was a sunny day too!

 
My roommates Becky and Vicki!
 

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling that you're going to become 'hipster beth' with these surroundings!...cue the nose ring. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete