Saturday 11 August 2012

First thoughts of L.A.

My first reaction to L.A. was 'it's like a massive, really busy Spain'. Which it is. The heat, the poorly maintained roads and of course, the Spanish-speaking population.
To get to our hotel, the Sheraton at the Universal Studio Resort, we had to try and negotiate the six-lane freeways of L.A. in mid-afternoon traffic:



 with me as chief navigator (mistake), in a massive SUV (mistake with my dad driving).



(I thought this was cool, no doubt Americans will think this is weird)

But once we arrived, everything was great - we're in L.A!
The hotel lobby was pretty cool, with loads of pictures of classic film stars:


and check out our view...


Even though I'm an original smoggie, here in L.A. it's something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment