Friday 24 August 2012

San Francisco - The City In Which I Will Become Fat

Food in San Francisco is a HUGE thing - there's about 5,000 restaurants. And in the past few days, we've managed to sample about 4,000 of them.
 
Since North Beach's near to our hotel, we went for some Italian:
 
 
The way to know if you're in North Beach is to check the lampposts - they all have an Italian flag painted on them!

 
We loved this...San Francisco's very own version of a parmo!
 
 
...so of course Emily had to order one.

 
We had some seafood at Joe's Crab Shack on Fisherman's Wharf...
 

 
 
 

Coconut Shrimp (yes, I've stopped saying prawns already), fries and 'slaw!

We also had some great Vietnamese in the Sunset District - my first Vietnamese! It was a cross between Chinese and Indian really.

 

 
Tofu and Vegetable Curry.
 
One day we headed up to Napa, about an hour and a half of San Francisco - but the difference in temperature was amazing!
 
We had lunch at a lovely French restaurant - Napa is a pretty fancy place in general!
 

 
So sunny!
 
 
I was obviously a bit overdressed.

 
Tartine Au Tomate.
 
In case you didn't know, the Napa Valley is also a really big wine area, so there are grapevines EVERYWHERE.
 
 
 
We had some meze last night in the Sunset District, at a place called Troya - so lovely!
 

 
Pitta and dips (I forget their names! - But the top one is hummus, the second one was tomato-y and the third was yoghurt of some kind!)

 
Falafel and Boken.
 
I am officially going to become fat in San Francisco.
 
 
 
I took these two pictures because they reminded me of my friends - miss you!
 
 
'Which flavour crisps don't belong to you? NACHO CHEESE!'
 
 
Slightly superior to Titus!

No comments:

Post a Comment