Friday 21 June 2013

Summer in Gold Country.

With my old roommate Lauren having headed home after the semester ended, I was desperate to see her before I left California. 

She very kindly invited me to stay at her house in Northern California for a second time (the last time I visited was just after Christmas). It's amazing how different Nevada City looks in the summer! 


The first night we caught up over iced cappuccinos at Mekka, Lauren's favourite coffee shop, and had a good laugh enjoying open mic night. 



The next day, we wandered around Nevada City and looked in all of the cute hippie-ish shops. It's strange how much it reminds me of an English village - but with gold mining instead of coal mining! 





A very strange sight!


In the evening, we went for a lovely Latin American meal at Diegos - made even better by the free-flowing sangria! 






The next day, we went to the Yuba River, and enjoyed the sunshine, with sandwiches from Beach Hut Deli. 
I also came across some gold in the river - I felt as if I'd found my fortune, just like the 49ers! 







It's always nice to stay with friends - love you Lauren! 

No comments:

Post a Comment