Sunday 23 June 2013

Old Boston.

I'm in Boston, on the final leg of my travels. And I'm here with my lovely little sister Emi, who I've been excited to see for the entire semester! It's been a while since she's featured on this blog - last summer in fact, with a tiny appearance over Christmas!

I'm very excited to be exploring two new cities (Boston and Toronto) with her, one of my favourite places (New York City) and one of the greatest natural wonders of the world (Niagara Falls). I can't wait!

On our first night in Beantown, we had an al fresco meal at Sip on Washington Street, near the Theatre District, before calling in an early night. 






The next day, w began our exploration of Boston. We enjoyed our breakfast bagels on Boston Common, Boston's main park...








...before starting to walk the Freedom Trail. It's a really handy self-guided tour of the city, giving direction to newcomers like us!
We saw plenty of Old Boston, such as the State House, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, and the Paul Revere House.















In the afternoon, we took a boat trip (which is obviously a family tradition) around Boston Harbour.



Ahoy matey!


We were able to see all of the Boston skyline...



...the USS Constitution and Bunker Hill...


...and finally we stopped at Spectacle Island out in the harbour.



In the evening, we had a lovely meal at Granary Tavern. We're definitely eating well in Boston!





My new hat:



More tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures my lovelies :)
    Em's dress is gorrrgeous and I love the pic of her eating the bagel! Proper American style girlies ;)
    Also love your outfit...verrry short shorts. LOVE IT!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete