Saturday 1 September 2012

A Saturday In The Mission.

So this weekend is 'Labor Day' weekend here in the U.S. of A. I have no idea what it's about, but it's basically just a bank holiday. Even though I have Mondays off anyway, I'm using it as an excuse to leave all my work until next week and have a fun weekend!
 
So this Saturday I went to the Mission, which is the largely Mexican quarter here in San Francisco.

The Mission centres around Dolores Park, which is always busy on a sunny day! Weirdly, San Francisco is a micro-climate, so the Mission is pretty much always warm.




Of the two main streets, Mission Street is more of a 'working street', with people bustling about, buying groceries and of course, burritos and other yummy Mexican things!
 
Valencia Street is a bit more hip - we stopped for an iced coffee in a really cool warehouse-style coffee shop.
 

 

The Mission is also known for alleyway murals - their content is pretty varied. Some contain a political message but others are just cool! Here are some of my favourites:
 
 
 

 
Love this optical illusion!

 
Such a good way to spend a Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment