Sunday 9 September 2012

Burritos and Bi-Rite.

Strolling in the Mission today we decided to have lunch at Taqueria Cancun, a hole-in-the-wall place with amazing burritos (so I'd heard)! It's hard to know where the good places to eat are in the Mission, because there's so many of them! They all have their own specials and variations of dishes, so it can be a bit hit and miss!
 
It's really casual - you just go up to the cashier and place your order, then collect it from the counter. Basically fast food! 
 

 
Taqueria Cancun, complete with Spanish guitar music.
 
We started with some tortilla chips and the spiciest salsa ever, and a Sangria (non-alcoholic, of course).
 

And then moved onto the burrito! We decided to split them because a single portion is seriously huge. This was the Vegetarian, with beans, rice, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro...delicious!


...and for $5 for the entire meal, who's complaining?

 
Lauren, Morgan and Vicki - and their burritos!
 
After doing a bit of thrift shopping on Mission Street (I may or may not have picked up a checked shirt and a denim vest, oops - they're cool though!) and catching a few rays in Dolores Park, we went for an ice-cream at the Bi-Rite Creamery, which are apparently the best ice-creams around!
 
 
And this was the line outside.

 
Eventually, we got inside the tiny parlour. The flavours are a mixture - they've got some very traditional, Vanilla and Mint Chip-type flavours, and some which are a little bit weird to say the least - Basil or Olive Oil flavour anyone?!
 
 
I decided to go middle of the road and have a single with one scoop Malted Vanilla with Peanut Brittle and one scoop Brown Sugar with Ginger. I'm not a big ice-cream person in the first place, but it may have been the best ice-cream I've ever had (the ginger one especially).

 
Now that's saying something!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE burritos!
    Also, if you ship me some of that ice cream dya think it'd come back frozen?! Yes? Yes. Good.

    I'd like one scoop of the malted vanilla, one scoop of the balsamic strawberry (cos I'm crazy ya know)and one of the toasted coconut please :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'm not sure it would make it! All of them sounded pretty yummy I have to say, I'll be more adventurous next time I promise xx

      Delete