Saturday 15 September 2012

Off The Grid at Fort Mason.

Off The Grid is a bit of an under-the-radar phenomenon in San Francisco. It's basically just a food truck party, but these aren't just your average street vendors - the food is often adventurous and great quality, but I'd expect as much in this foodie city that is San Francisco!
 
The IEEC (International Education Exchange Council, the group which all international students are part of) organised this event - they're great for taking us to cool places to eat and hang out in the city, it's just a shame I miss out on a few of them (under 21, boo).
 
So it was on Friday night at Fort Mason, which is on the Marina.

 
Lovely sunset over the Marin headlands.
 


Basically all the trucks form a big circle, and you walk around choosing what takes your fancy, from tacos to cupcakes to curry!

 
Me and Morgan, my token American friend...
 

...and some of the international girls!


 
I decided to go for some vegetarian dumplings, 3 for $3 - I think they were mushroom and kale, with sweet chili sauce.
 




Pretty tasty!

 
I also took a quick snap of my crepe, which was orange-blossom flavoured and filled with Nutella and strawberries, and of course finished with squirty cream! Mmmm.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment