Wednesday 19 September 2012

We Shall Go To The Ballgame.

After a minor mishap with the tickets (yes, it was my fault - turns out I booked it a week ahead of our original plan), we eventually made it to a San Francisco Giants game! My first baseball game! They were playing the Colorado Rockies. And that is pretty much all I managed to pick up.
Not really! Well, sort of.



It was so much fun though. We had the worst seats in the house, on the very top row in the 'nosebleed section' but at least you get a great view of the bay from up there!







I have literally no idea of any of the statistics or rules surrounding the game - to me, it was like watching a very complicated version of rounders. I got the gist that if a player managed to hit the ball and get all the way around the field, that's one score for the team. There are 9 innings usually, which is when each team gets their turn to bat, so both teams bat 9 times. Impressed with my knowledge?!


Mostly I was too busy concentrating on being cold (I will forever underestimate the temperature in this city) and eating my fair share of overpriced nachos.


 
Luckily Alex didn't have to worry about the cold in her super cool hat!

There was a lot of cheering, singing along and it was just a generally fun atmosphere - I felt like a real San Franciscan!
And the final score was:

Colorado Rockies 3-6 San Francisco Giants

Go Giants!

 

1 comment: