Thursday 18 April 2013

Vampire Weekend at the Fox.


For Vicki's birthday I bought her tickets to see Vampire Weekend - her actual birthday isn't for a couple of days, but I'm rubbish at surprises anyway so it was just as well!

It was at the Fox in Oakland, where I went TO SEE TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB last October.





We were standing, but we were able to get right to the front (literally, up to the barrier) thanks to our friend Keegan, who you may remember from THE VACCINES GIG I went to recently.
Clearly, he has great taste in music!


The band were great live - which is always a bonus! 
They played some stuff from their new album, but also plenty of their old songs too. At the moment they're warming up for some of the big festivals in the summer, so they really give it their all!
My favourites were the opener 'Cousins', and also 'Holiday'. Vicki's favourite was 'Campus' - very appropriate!





I think it's safe to say she enjoyed it!


Look out for more on her birthday celebrations over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment