Sunday 14 April 2013

Family on Tour in San Francisco!

And just when I thought Spring Break was over...

...my Mum, Auntie Ann, Auntie Julie and my cousin Emma all flew out to spend a week in San Francisco!
Luckily I only had to go to class one day they were here, and we managed to cram loads into our time together.

Also, I was a bit rubbish at taking pictures, so some of these are Emma's (who must have taken hundreds!) - thanks Em! I'll keep adding them to this post as I acquire them.

After they'd got off the flight on Tuesday, I met them at their downtown hotel, which was the Westin on Third and Market. Once I'd seen their incredible view, I was excited to be staying with them later in the week!





On the first night after they'd arrived we went to Mel's Diner, just because it was really close to their hotel - obviously, they were exhausted after the flight from Heathrow.
Still, we had to have a go of the jukebox (so we chose Elvis's 'Wonder of You' for my Grandad!).



I just went for a Grilled Cheese - this was to be the first of MANY meals out.


The next day after ballet I was able to meet them at Union Square.



From there, we went for lunch at Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. on Pier 39, where we feasted on Shrimper's Heaven and Corona-ritas!











And afterwards, obviously we stopped by the sea lions.
Because three times in three weeks just isn't enough.




Afterwards we took a bus over to Sausalito across the Golden Gate Bridge, which is a must-do, but unfortunately it was clouded in fog!



Since we were too full from lunch to have a proper tea, we just went to Nordstrom and had dessert instead. 


From there, I left them to head back to campus ready for class the next day.

On Thursday, I left them to their own devices while I was in class, so they explored Chinatown and went to Alcatraz.

Afterwards, I met up with them for the evening and we went to California Pizza Kitchen, just across the road from the hotel. This was the beginning of my weekend-long sleepover!



Pizza at the Pizza Kitchen.


The night-time view from the room!



On Friday we had an amazing day - I'd say it was probably one of the best days I've ever had in San Francisco.
We begun the morning at the Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park, where Emma got to show her geeky side at the Earthquake exhibition!



(LOOK AWAY NOW AJ!)




Afterwards we walked through the park to Haight Street, (cue tramps shouting 'Love you guys...' to us, hilarious) and had lunch at Cha Cha Cha, which I went to recently with Emily.




After lunch, we explored some of the shops on Haight, where my mum found a bargain Mulberry in Wasteland.






...before heading back to the hotel before dinner.
My friend Alex is a hostess at Greens Restaurant, which is meant to be one of the best restaurants in the entire city (and it's also vegetarian). She managed to get us a reservation for a Friday night - it's definitely who you know!



I went for the crepe,


and Apple Galette for dessert.


Everything was delicious, and the experience itself was just amazing. Thanks Alex!

On Saturday we went to the Ferry Building and Farmer's Market, which is one of my favourite things to do (partly because last time I was there with Charlotte, I had my picture taken to be on a San Francisco street style website!)

Emma was especially loving all of the samples!

After brunch at Cafe De La Presse on Grant Ave...



...we took a little trip to see my campus/pick up more of my stuff...

...and returned to find an (early) birthday party for me and my mum. NOW I'm excited to be 21!
She's not so excited for her birthday.



For our last evening together, we went to a lovely restaurant in North Beach called Rose Pistola, which I've been wanting to try for ages.


Ginger mocktail to start.





I was so sad for my family to be leaving - it was amazing for them all to be here with me and fall in love with San Francisco just as I have. 
Love you all so much! xx

2 comments:

  1. Tamster... Like Hamster!!15 April 2013 at 03:47

    Looks so lovely! Love that picture of you and Janie B :)
    Also, awesome photo of you on the style snap thing, you look gorgeous... still jealous of that Mulberry! And now I'm jel of your mums Mulberry too!!
    And the pizza connoisseur (me) definitely approves, that last one looks scrumptious!!
    Love you Bethy Boo!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Beth, totally cheered me up after starting back at school today, you're an angel for putting that together! I'll try to get more pics to you as soon as I can! Wish I was still there, lots of love, Em xxx

    ReplyDelete