Thursday 25 October 2012

Two Door Cinema Club.

A while ago I saw that the Irish band Two Door Cinema Club were playing at the Fox in Oakland - I'd heard great things about their live shows from my friends, so I was very excited when the gig finally rolled around!
The Fox is a great old theatre in Downtown Oakland, just across the Bay Bridge. 

The inside is really ornate, and these Buddhas guard each side of the stage!

I went with my roommate Becky and her friend Sydney - I was a lot more excited than I look in the photo!

And so the show begins! We were standing, which is always a bit annoying for me - I spent a lot of time craning my neck to see what was going on!


But the band were great! They played a mixture of songs, some from their old stuff and some from their new album - my favourites were Next Year and Sun, and of course Something Good Can Work and the encore, What You Know.
They're so good live, and they're playing in the UK in January!

No comments:

Post a Comment