Thursday 4 April 2013

Spring Break Part 5 - Back In The Bay.


And so we were back in our favourite city of all, after an exhausting TEN HOUR journey back from L.A.
(p.s. sorry it's taken me so long to put this post up!)

It's fair to say that after the crazy Spring Break we had, we were running out of steam - but luckily San Francisco is a perfect city to chill out in.

We went for tapas at Cha Cha Cha on Haight Street...





...before heading into Golden Gate Park for a chill/mess around.






Afterwards we headed to Golden Gate Bridge.
Cue obligatory tourist photos.







We decided to walk the Bridge, but it was very blustery so about a third of the way across we retreated.



After making a quick stop at the Palace of Fine Arts...



...we tackled the hills of Pacific Heights to try and catch a bus to Castro, after getting caught in a shower.
This doesn't do justice to how steep it was - we had to stop at every street corner!
(ie. I'm so unfit.)



We made it to Castro just in time... to catch the 'Beauty and the Beast' Singalong at the Castro Theater.
Yes, really.



We got given props (bubbles, a party popper, a glow stick etc.) and the lyrics to the songs were at the bottom of the screen, so everyone joined in. $15 well spent, I think so.



Just amazing.

And that pretty much concludes our Spring Break, 2013.

Song of the trip:

We listened to a fair bit of country in Andy's truck, but Somebody's Heartbreak by Hunter Hayes pretty much sums it up (which we love to hate).

Catch-phrases of the trip:

With Vicki, 'Aiya' (said in an exasperated voice) cropped up, naturally.

With Andy, it has to be his nicknames for Emily. 'Tam-2-D-2! Tamster!...Like Hamster!'

I had a lot of firsts (inner-tubing, frat parties and Disney singalongs to name a few), visited some new cities and places in lovely California, but most importantly I made some amazing memories with some amazing friends. 

I'm especially grateful to Vicki for housing and feeding us in L.A., and Andy for driving us wherever our hearts desired in SoCal. 
And of course, a huge THANK YOU to my lovely best friend Emily, for visiting me all the way out here in California. I hope she enjoyed it just as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. You made me go all teary eyed!!
    I had the BEST trip in my whole life, without a doubt memories I'll keep forever. I love youuuu!!
    I also love California... maybe I'll move there... with you??
    Also your friends are amazing and I'm so glad I've met people that I simply can't forget (possibly even if I tried in some cases...)
    Thanks for the best time ever :)
    Love youuu xxx

    p.s. If you're gonna be somebody's heartbreak... Be mine.

    ReplyDelete