Wednesday 10 October 2012

Ben Howard at the Fillmore.

It's nice to watch British music acts performing here in San Francisco - it makes me feel a lot closer to home! After knowing (and loving) all of Ben Howard's debut album, I snapped up tickets to go and see him perform at the Fillmore, a historic music venue in the city.

The Fillmore has seats along the upstairs balcony, which are absolutely free - you just have to get there early enough to grab them, as we did! I'm not really a fan of standing at gigs because I'm usually too small/too far away to get a decent view, and Ben Howard's music is not exactly dance-y - it's more folksy and chilled out. So the seating worked perfectly!
It's very atmospheric with all of the chandeliers (and even a disco ball!):



The Fillmore are also famous for the posters they create for each show - this is the poster wall!


I went with my friend Josh, who's a huge music fan.


 
...and so the show begins.
 





Encore (courtesy of Josh) :


The show was great - apart from the amazing view, the performance itself was brilliant, partly because it was the last show they're playing in the US! My personal highlights were Old Pine, Only Love and Keep Your Head Up, though The Wolves and The Fear were also incredible! Very hard to choose my favourite.

The Fillmore also hand out free show posters at the end of the performance, so this now has pride of place in my dorm room!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment