Sunday 7 October 2012

Hardly Strictly Bluegrass.

I can't say I was ever very interested in attending a bluegrass festival - I don't think the thought would have crossed my mind! But my friend Morgan is a huge fan, and the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass festival, which runs over a whole weekend, was entirely free - so why not?!

It's held in Golden Gate Park, so we trekked down there on Saturday.
The park is strange - it's huge for a start, and the western half is mostly wilderness, but it has these grassy meadows - which is where the stages were set up!


Morgan's friends from out of town, and of course some of our usual crew.


We sat in Speedway Meadow, between the Banjo Stage and the Arrow stage, just chilling out, eating and listening to the music.




There were some interesting sights too!



Me and my cactus salad taco:


Afterwards we walked through the park to the Towers of Gold Stage to see Les Claypool and the Duo De Twang perform. We sat in what we thought was an unusually quiet section - turned out we'd sneakily entered the VIP section! Seeing as we were already there, we thought we'd take advantage of the shelter from the blazing October (!) heat.




Such rebels. 

I'm still not really sure bluegrass music is my kind of thing, but it was a LOT of fun!

2 comments:

  1. In your taco picture it looks like you're wearing an umbrella hat! I kinda wish you were...

    ReplyDelete