Thursday 23 May 2013

Turning 21.

Finally, FINALLY, I'm 21 years old!
Here in America, 21 marks the true beginning of adulthood, and being able to drink legally (again), of course. 

It just so happened that my 21st this year coincided with everyone's last night in our apartments, so it became a sort of joint birthday/leaving celebration. 

After having a homemade cake at midnight, I woke up to a couple of surprises from my roommate (you sneak, Vicki), and got down to opening my cards and things. 



For the rest of the day I headed to Golden Gate Park with Andy to enjoy the lovely sunshine we've been having, with my first (in America, anyway) beer in hand (I only really chose it for the name, but still).




After being a little bit stuck for ideas, I finally decided that I really wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory, which overlooks Union Square - so I grabbed all of my San Francisco crew for a night out. I feel so lucky that I have such good friends here - I was a bit worried that my birthday wouldn't be the same without my family and friends back at home, but these lovely people always make me feel special, and especially so on my birthday! 

When we arrived, the Cheesecake Factory was overrun by newly graduated students, so instead we hopped downstairs to the Burger Bar.  








After we'd set ourselves up for the evening, we went to a couple of bars - The Owl Tree, not far from Union Square (a nice bar) and The Shannon Arms (a cheap student bar) on Taraval and 19th, on our way home. 





A lovely evening all round!

No comments:

Post a Comment