Monday 27 May 2013

Still in San Francisco.

Yes, I know by saying that I'd moved out, it seemed like I was completely done with San Francisco. Not quite! I've still got just over a week to enjoy this lovely city.

On the day of move-out, I went to a really cool part of Ocean Beach called Fort Funston with Andy, to relax before we had to deal with the stress of moving out! 


On the way to the dunes it's partly forest, and all of the trees intertwine with each other. 



We found a lovely spot overlooking the water to enjoy the sunshine. 



As that day was Lauren's birthday, we all decided to stay together in a motel by the beach so we could have a proper celebration. Due to unforeseen circumstances (a very stressful move-out, not enough time, etc.) we all ended up just getting In-N-Out and having low-key drinks at the motel (or Bates Motel, as we liked to call it.)



Our very sophisticated bar. 


...And then there were two! The next day after everyone left, I spent one last day in the city with my lovely friend Andy before he headed home. 

We went to his favourite place in the city - the Wharf - and had popcorn shrimp, and then cocktails at a surf-themed bar (it's times like this that being 21 is great!).









A truly perfect way to spend the last day with one of my favourite people in San Francisco. 

Afterwards I headed to my hostel, we're I'm staying as a stop-gap between moving out and heading off to Vegas in a weeks' time. 
I'm so glad that Vicki, Alex and Morgan are all staying in the city over the summer for their jobs - it means I can spend time with them in-between their shifts! 

The next day I met up with Vicki in her new neck of the woods, the Sunset, and we spent the day wandering around the thrift shops and Asian food shops on Judah and Irving Streets. 

We grabbed some boba tea (a tradition of ours) and I got a bahn mi, a Vietnamese sandwich, and a rare find in San Francisco - HULA HOOPS! - before heading to Golden Gate Park for a picnic. 





Vicki and her new mate. 


Afterwards we all had a nice girly afternoon at Vicki and Alex's new apartment, and had dinner together. It's strange going to visit them at their new house, as I'm so used to them being around all the time! 

The day after I headed back over to Vicki's house with plans to go to the Mission, but faced with rain we decided to have a day inside instead - so we watched Forrest Gump, the perfect rainy day film.It's amazing how much of a dampener the rain can put on plans in the city! 

In the evening I went out for sushi with Josh to a place near the hostel, which was a really good deal - we got miso soup, salad, California Rolls, shrimp tempura and rice for under $20 ( Japanese beer not included). 




Just some of what I've been up to over the past few days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment