Tuesday 28 May 2013

Mount Tamalpais.

With all the time in the world (but not a huge amount of money, as I'm saving my funds for VEGAS), I wanted to venture out of the city and walk for a very long time - so I hitched a ride with my friend Tyler (bless those friends with cars) and we drove across the Golden Gate Bridge to the Mount Tamalpais State Park in Marin County.


We decided to take the Matt Davis Trail down to Stinson Beach, and the Steep Ravine Trail back, which is about a 4-hour round-trip hike (6-7 miles - yes, that's right!)

The first part of the trail is mostly forest, where we came across some of Marin's wildlife. 


banana slug! 


After the forest, the beach comes into view - but there's still a way to go through the scrub! Luckily the scenery makes up for it. 






Eventually we got down to Stinson beach. 


Proof that we made it! 


After a well-needed rest by the water, we made our way back to the ranger station. By this point, I was far too tired to take pictures, but I did manage to catch the sun setting over Stinson Beach.


So beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment