Tuesday 12 February 2013

Pancake Day/Mardi Gras!

When I realised today was Shrove Tuesday, my first thought was obviously:

'We need to make pancakes!
I wasn't met with very much excitement.
Though the Americans know today as Mardi Gras, or Fat Tuesday, they'd never heard of the day being referred to as Shrove Tuesday, and definitely weren't planning on making pancakes.

They expect parades in New Orleans, we expect to use up all of our ingredients to 'prepare' for Lent. Who says the British don't know how to have a good time?!
 I saw it as my job to educate them on Shrove Tuesday.

I made pancakes the traditional 'English' way - thin, unlike the fluffy ones the Americans are used to.
I was also chief pancake flipper!


I made sure I used the appropriate toppings - though I would have liked Golden Syrup and lemon juice, I made do with sugar and honey.


And of course I rolled it up and ate it bit by bit.


It's times like this I'm proud to be British.
Happy Pancake Day!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I never made any on Pancake Day but I might have a belated one now ;)

    Dusterknuckles | I'm Having A Celine Giveaway

    ReplyDelete