Saturday 8 December 2012

The Wharf.

My friends and I decided it was about time we did some Christmas shopping - and where better to go for that than Fisherman's Wharf?! It's a tat haven, catering to all of the tourists.
 
I won't tell you what I bought - I don't want to give it away to my friends and family who might be reading!

 
The Christmas tree at Pier 39 is lovely! And the weather is still beautiful for December - I'm not complaining about 15C+ temperatures!

 
So much saltwater taffy! It's basically flavoured nougat made with saltwater, and it's sold everywhere at the Wharf.
 
 
After we'd finished at the Wharf we headed to Ghirardelli Square - Ghirardelli is a chocolate company based here in San Francisco, and this the Square is the part of the old factory.
 
 
 
They also had their own Christmas tree!
 

After a good wander (and some chocolate), my friends thought it was about time I tried an In-N-Out Burger - they couldn't believe I'd never had one before! Though they're everywhere on the freeways, the only central San Francisco location is at Fisherman's Wharf.
 
Alex said I shouldn't have to pay for my first In-N-Out experience - so she paid for everything, bless her!

 
I went for a grilled cheese, which is an everything-but-the-meat burger, fries and a shake - 'Murica!
 


In-N-Out also has a 'secret' menu, which includes special items. Vicki let me try her 'Animal-style' fries, which are fries with onions, cheese and Thousand Island dressing. Surprisingly, it works!

 

 
 
Since we'd tired ourselves out, took the F Line train home - it looked lovely decorated for Christmas!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Great day in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment