Friday 7 December 2012

Excited To Be Home.

I can't believe it's just two weeks until I return to the U.K. for an extended break! I'm going to be at home for three whole weeks over the Christmas period before I return to San Francisco for my second semester in the New Year.
 
Here's what I'm most looking forward to about being at home over Christmas:
 
 
1. Being around my family for Christmas, just like always. I'm so lucky I get to spend Christmas with them! Also included in this are my pooches Archie and Millie (of course!).
 
 
2. Catching up with my friends! Hopefully there'll be lots of lovely reunions involving pints at the pub, etc.
 
 
3. Being back in my local area, in all of the places which are so familiar to me. If the weather allows it, I'm going to be all over the North East! As well as...
 
 
4. Being back in my house - there's nothing like living in uni accommodation for four months to make you appreciate your own house and all of its comforts. It'll be especially lovely decorated for Christmas!
 
 
5. New Year's Eve in Manchester with my lovely Hull housemates. I love them, I love Manchester - enough said!
 
 
6. Being able to drive again (maybe, depending on my insurance) - or at least having people ferrying me about! After you've absolutely relied on public transport, I'm definitely going to appreciate the convenience of having a car.
 
 
7. Food - it's such a cliché to miss British food but it's true! I'm excited to have a curry from my local takeaway, for my dad to make home-made pizzas, and of course for Snowballs and buffets at Christmas-time!
 
 
8. Decent TV and radio stations. Weird as it is, BBC I've missed you! The Christmas specials are definitely going to be more amazing this year.
 
 
9. Going off that last one, and with extra Christmas spirit - Christmas songs! It really makes sad no one here has ever heard of Band Aid, Slade, WIZZARD or even Shakin' Stevens! What is this madness?!
 
 
10. Christmas treats - I'm most excited to go and see the film of Les Miserables, and to go shopping in the January sales at the Metrocentre.
 
 
11. Not having to worry about exams - I'm SO glad my exams will be out of the way before I get home so I can fully relax and enjoy myself!
 
 
12. Seeing if people think I've changed - I'm a bit worried about this one. Hopefully I haven't picked up too many Americanisms and am still a true Boro lass!
 
 
13. Making plans for 2013 - I've got so much to look forward to!
 
 
But if there's one thing I'm really not looking forward to, that's:

 
1. Actual below-freezing temperatures. In terms of the weather, California is where I belong!


First snow at home.
 

2 comments:

  1. Yey for curries, well excited for that too!! Naturally number 5 is my favourite out of this list ;). And BBC, forgot how good it is!!! See you in England :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you coming home! And yay for Manchester!
    Don't worry about changing, you're a Boro lass through and through, no matter how long you live in America ;)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete