Sunday 9 December 2012

Parklife.

Sunday is such a great day to explore San Francisco.

And who'd have thought December would be so nice - how is it possible that there are only 15 days until Christmas?!

We had planned to go to The California Academy of Sciences in Golden Gate Park for their free day, but the queue to get in was ridiculous so we just ended up wandering in the park instead.

 
 
I love rose gardens! I'll have to come back in the Spring to see all of the blooms.
 
 
The fountains are also really pretty!
 
 
 
 
 
Making a wish:
 
 
 
After we wandered down 9th Ave to Irving Street in search of somewhere for lunch - instead, we stumbled upon this street fair, Inner Sunset Sundays!
This is one of the things I love most about San Francisco - randomness around every corner.
 
 
We stopped for lunch at a Vietnamese place, where I tried my first Pho, which is noodle soup, with broccoli and tofu. It was delicious, and really fresh!
 
 
 
After we'd had our fill of pho we stuck around to watch a local band, who were set up in the street outside.
It was so nice to have some time to chill - over the next few weeks (due to final exams) I can't imagine I'll have much time for lazing around in the sun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment