Sunday 13 January 2013

Sunday Brunch In The City.


Until tomorrow when I head up to Sacramento, I'm in San Francisco alone - and there's no better way to fill my time than a date with the city.
I decided I'd take part in an American institution - The Sunday Brunch. 
I stopped off at CafĂ© de la Presse, a French restaurant on Grant Avenue, just a few steps away from the Chinatown Gate (and handily located opposite American Apparel!).


The restaurant itself is like a real French cafe - I can imagine it's lovely for dinner, but to be honest Sunday brunch is far too hectic. It was the one thing which reminded me that I'm back in America - brunch is taken very seriously here!



Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict - and I'd forgotten how big portions can be! 


After brunch I spent the afternoon wandering around downtown, as it was a beautiful crisp sunny day.
I'm definitely in love with San Francisco!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm I look forward to taking part in this tradition.... I loooooove brunch!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete