Tuesday 22 January 2013

Aloha Waikiki!

After a cancelled flight and a grand total of 10 hours spent in San Francisco Airport, I finally made it to Honolulu a day later than planned - luckily I've still got six days left to enjoy it!

As soon as I arrived and had met up with my old friend Cara (if you want to hear the story about how we decided to meet in Hawaii, read here), we walked down to the beach - finally in Waikiki!




 We're staying at the Ambassador Hotel Waikiki, which is a nice but mid-priced hotel, and pretty close to Waikiki Beach - it's only a 15 minute walk away.

 
Our room - and my luggage!
 

The panoramic view from our hotel room! (Yes, I've just discovered this for the iPhone)


That evening we went out for pizza before getting to bed very early to prepare us for the next day.

We headed out early to Ala Moana Mall, which is just a short bus ride away from Waikiki, for a day of shopping in the sun.


Cara was very excited with her new purchases - everything's a lot more expensive in New Zealand, so she was stocking up!


I was just as excited about my bubble tea - note the tapioca pearls at the bottom!


We rode the trolley home from Ala Moana, which took the scenic route back through Waikiki - and was cheaper than riding the city bus!




We rested our tired feet in the hotel pool at sunset...





...before heading down the Waikiki Beach Walk for dinner at...


P.F.Changs! (basically an American chain which serves Chinese food)


 I went for the honey shrimp, which was delicious!




Our fortunes - mine read 'treat yourself to a special time this coming weekend.' Surely being in Hawaii is special enough?!


The next morning we decided to go for breakfast at another American institution - IHOP, the International House of Pancakes.

We were very excited by our stacks of pancakes!



Me and our IHOP waiter (aka our new best friend).


After eating our body weight in pancakes, we spent the rest of the day at Waikiki Beach, swimming, sunbathing and writing postcards!






I'll catch up on the rest when I get back to San Francisco - we've still got three days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment