Sunday 29 July 2012

Road Trip Playlist.

If you read my post describing the overview of 'The Road Trip' I'm taking with my family before I start my first semester in San Francisco, it goes without saying that we'll be doing a LOT of driving - in total, we'll be travelling a total of 20 hours, and that's WITHOUT flying time included!

I HAVE to listen to music in the car (mainly to avoid car sickness, nice) so I downloaded some albums for my playlist 'Cali Road Trip' to get me through. I know no-one really listens to full albums anymore but I like to, especially on long journeys. Here are my choices!

Ben Howard - Every Kingdom - love every track on this album, perfect calming music.


Azealia Banks - Fantasea - With 'I Ain't A Bear' an instant classic (love to my Evo crew), and with the album not out until mid-August, I downloaded this 19-track mixtape instead. Yet to have a proper listen!


Lana Del Rey - Born To Die - I have to say I wasn't that keen to begin with, but with my bestie playing this CONSTANTLY, it's growing on me! I can see National Anthem becoming one of my holiday theme tunes.


 
Benjamin Francis Leftwich - Last Smoke Before The Snowstorm - again pretty chilled, I've been in love ever since I heard his version of 'Titanium' in the Live Lounge.


Various Cruelties - I was recommended this by my lovely friend Matt a while ago and I still love it! Great Unknown is my favourite.


Emilie Sande - Our Version Of Events - I think this is meant to be the biggest-selling album of the year or something?! Anyway I've been a bit slow on the uptake so I thought it deserved a listen to see what all the fuss is about!



MGMT - Oracular Spectacular - I know this is pretty old but I recently heard Electric Feel on the radio and now I'm back into this album!




Noah and the Whale - Last Night on Earth - My favourite 'Blue Skies' isn't on this album but it's got such a California feel (Who'd have thought they were from Twickenham? Ha) I had to include it!



Alabama Shakes - Boys and Girls - I've read a LOT of good reviews about this, so I'm giving it a whirl! I've saying the first listen for my journey though :)



The Black Keys - El Camino - I know The Black Keys are huge in the States but I'm relatively new to them as a band, so had to download this.



I know I'll also be listening to a lot of reggae (perfect road trip music).
Any recommendations anyone?!

2 comments:

  1. I love all of these!! Ironic that I am currently listening to Born to Die haha. Listen to The Black Keys 'Brothers' - it's argued to be their best album. I've just bought Lianne la Havas's debut album, definitely worth a listen :). Oh and of course I have to say listen to The Stokes 'Angles' cos it's brill oh AND Crystal Fighters, love 'em. I could go oooooooon but you've got some pretty smashing albums already! Think I may download a few of these!!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good :) I'm downloading Lana Del Rey right now because I'm a bit slow on the uptake!
    Also, have a listen to Alex Clare's album, it's really good :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete